Can I compete with the Italians?


We arrived back in London from Venice at around 2pm, a bit tired and a bit sad that I only ate pasta once. So I decided to make my own. Having been a little disappointed with my recent attempt at Beef Ragu, I decided to up the ante and look for a recipe with more ingredients, more cooking time and more WOW factor. I found it in Delia Smith's Authentic Ragu Bolognese. This recipe had plenty of good ingredients - two types of mince, bacon, chicken livers, heaps of tomato paste, red wine - and a whopping 4 hours cooking time! How could you go wrong?

You couldn't really. I served the sauce with some egg tagliatelle and parmesan and it was gorgeous. Rich deep flavours of meat and tomato and you
could definitely taste the flavour of the chicken livers (if you're not a big fan of chicken livers, I'd probably suggest reducing the amount, but don't leave them out altogether!). This was a great recipe for anyone with serious Italian pasta cravings! And of course, it made an enormous amount, so you can freeze it and have it over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment